So far, so good: things are moving along really well as we near the filming stage of our movie, Girlfriend 19. In fact, so much has happened, I thought it would be helpful to post an overall update regarding our progress:
- The two lead roles have been cast, which I posted HERE. However, the two supporting roles in the film, Alex and The Other Woman, have not been cast, so the search continues.
- I have started rehearsing with Cassidy, and Chris will be joining us soon. Overall, Cassidy and I are working very well together and the process has been really fun so far!
- Jennifer (my producing partner) and I will meet with a film composer on Wednesday night to discuss musical score in movies and what we need to consider at this stage of production.
- Jennifer Hall, our co-producer, has been busy researching and developing ways we can generate “buzz” for our film and get folks excited as early as possible!
- My cinematographer, Gavin Fisher, met with me last week at our primary location to discuss the technical aspects of our film, including the overall lighting design and the camera we will film on. Gavin and I will continue to meet in the coming weeks to conduct test shoots in preparation for principal photography, i.e., our actual days filming the movie.
- Macha Suzuki, our production designer, is currently developing color palettes to determine the film’s overall and specific color schemes.
- We are still on the lookout for a costume designer and a set decorator, though we do have some promising leads.
There you go. That’s what’s going on with Girlfriend 19! I’m very excited to continue sharing the great news with you and please let us know what you think or ask any questions in the comments section. Thank you!